Information We Collect
We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, and number of page views.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognize you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer (version 9) you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block All Cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using Your Personal Data
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website.
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- Deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at NZD 25.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third Party Websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.